The biggest problem that I have noticed in blogging, is that an enormous amount of things happens every day, and I do not want to be that obnoxious blogger that posts five or eight times per day because OMG U GUYZ DONT U WANT 2 HEAR ABOUT ME ALL THE TIEEM???/
So rather than devoting several retroactive blog posts to the color of my oatmeal or the daily viscosity of my shampoo, I figure I’ll just give you all a bulleted list of things that I would blog about, had I the time (or the inclination).
- I have finally ordered a mini camcorder, after years of wanting one and hemming and hawing about the price. Vlogging will ensue after the camcorder arrives and I figure out the magic of moving pictures.
- I have spent the last few days playing with my niece, Bella, who holds the title Cutest Baby in the Galaxy. She is a year and a half old, and is learning her words rather quickly. She knows Mama and Dada, and refers to Grandma and Grandpa as Mamba and Bumpa. I am J followed by nearly any combination of letters forming a single syllable. Popular favorites are Jep, Jet, Jeff, and just good old fashioned Jeuhhhh. Taylor is referred to with a terrified stare followed by hiding. Bella is not so used to tall people.
- Today at an Arby’s Taylor and I were pseudo-assaulted by a tiny old woman in a turquoise dress, who leapt at us as we walked in and screeched, “YOU GET FREE STUFF ON WEDNESDAYS!” and thrusting a pile of straws and napkins into our hands. Apparently she worked there. An Arby’s namebadge with the name ‘Susan’ was pinned to her upper shoulderblade.
- I am being spoiled by homecooked meals.
- Taylor and I visited more apartments today than we could shake a stick at. We are applying to…four, I think, but there is a great deal of competition. Being that we are moving jobless to a new town and trying to find a place to live, the situation makes me a bit nervous.
- Resume building is going okay. I have built a second draft, and sent it off to my Editors, who are providing me with deliciously helpful advice. By the time this is finished, I should be able to leave my home of business people and Kal-El myself into the job market, becoming a Superperson with my resume. My kryptonite? The krappy job market.
- I feel the need to reiterate the homecooked meals. Tonight I had chicken-fried steak.
- On Sunday I have the first flight in like, six years that doesn’t leave at an ungodly hour.
- I finally have the time to respond to comments again! Hoo-ah! I am sorry for the prolonged absence in my comments sections. I read and adore every single one, and it always makes my day. My ego does love to be stroked. So if you leave me a comment I will one hundred percent respond to you.
- That said, I’m beginning to do the active job hunt. Does anybody have good ideas on the best way to hunt for jobs in a sore market?